Beach Clean Locations and times:
- Cleethorpes Beach – 10am – Central Promenade, opposite Cleethorpes RNLI Station, DN35 8SE
- Biggar Bank – 10.30am – Biggar Bank Road, Walney Island, near West Shore Bowling Club, LA14 3YF
- New Brighton – 10.30am – King’s Parade, opposite New Brighton RNLI Station, CH45 2NP
- Brightlingsea – 10.30am – Promenade Way Car Park, Brightlingsea Beach, C07 0HH
Local residents are invited to join Ørsted staff to help with clean-up efforts at four beaches on the East and West Coasts.
As part of a commitment to making a positive impact in the communities where it operates its 11 offshore windfarms around the UK, Ørsted has selected beaches in four key areas.
Residents can join the Ørsted teams at:
- Cleethorpes Beach, in North Lincolnshire – home to Westermost Rough, Lincs, Race Bank offshore windfarms, as well as Hornsea One and Two which are currently under construction
- Biggar Bank, Walney Island, in Cumbria – home to Barrow, Walney, West of Duddon Sands and Walney Extension offshore windfarms
- New Brighton, in Merseyside –home to Burbo Bank and Burbo Bank Extension offshore windfarms
- Brightlingsea, in Essex – home to Gunfleet Sands and London Array
Ørsted will place a gazebo at each beach where volunteers will be provided with litter pickers and eco-friendly hessian sacks to collect rubbish from the beaches.