IT and digital
Senior Data Engineer
Imagine a future where you’re developing cloud-based platform solutions that enable the use of data across disciplines and business areas
Join us in this role where you’ll get the opportunity to architect and build end-to-end data engineering solutions that provide the foundation for an enterprise platform for cloud-based analytics across the company. You’ll be a part of the Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and will therefore work closely with product owners, subject matter experts, and business stakeholders. You’ll be advising the business on how to enable data in order to increase business value.
Welcome to Architecture, Data & Technology
You’ll be part of Data & Advanced Analytics (DAA) team which includes professionals that are passionate about data, data applications, and green energy. The DAA team is one of five teams in our Architecture, Data & Technology department. The team consists of 25 professionals within the areas of data management, data engineering, and data science. We’re committed to delivering on our company’s digital strategy and creating a strong platform for analytics, model management, machine learning, etc. – all built on cloud technologies.
You’ll play an important role in:
- designing and building data pipelines for modern cloud-based analytics across the company
- working with big data and complex and large datasets to be presented in a structured way to the business consumers
- ensuring that data format and storage options are the best fit for end-user needs
- optimising data pipelines’ security, stability, and performance and maintaining and monitoring existing and DL data pipelines
- running PoCs to select and maintain relevant data engineering tools.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a passion for developing software to address data processing challenges
- have significant development experience using Python
- have experience working with Spark/PySpark and NiFi
- have experience monitoring and orchestrating data pipelines
- have experience with quantitative analyses and processing large data volumes
- have experience with popular cloud platforms and container technology tools and with installation and maintenance of Linux and Linux-based applications.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 01-01-2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Alysha (Noor Alysha) Aizai Azan, Talent Acquisition Consultant, on if you’d like to know more about the position.