Finance and controlling
Manager in Financial Accounting - Central Europe & UK Regions
Imagine a future where you lead a multinational team tasked with performing general ledger accounting as well as monthly and statutory reporting
Join us in this role where you’ll become a manager in Financial Accounting. You’ll be responsible for leading two teams totalling 14 colleagues, based across three locations in Europe. The teams’ responsibilities are defined by region, Central Europe and the UK, respectively, and cover more than 110 separate legal entities.
Welcome to Financial Accounting & Controlling (FAC)
You’ll be part of Financial Accounting where you, together with your colleagues, will ensure the accounting is accurate and up to date, perform group reporting, and prepare the local statutory accounts across the Group for the respective region. You’ll report to the Head of Accounting and be part of one of two service delivery teams within FAC. It also includes a Maturation team and an Internal Control team, together consisting of approximately 65 colleagues. FAC delivers a range of high-quality financial services to the business through scalable, standardised, and global processes.
You’ll play an important role in:
- creating a workplace that motivates and drives your team members and empowers them in daily decision-making, as well as providing challenges and guidance for their continual development
- managing the financial accounting for all entities within the respective regions, including balance sheet reconciliations, preparation of audit materials, etc.
- managing internal group reporting and supporting the local statutory audit process
- managing the inter-company reconciliation process
- managing the JV reporting and the reporting of ESG data
- managing the local national statistics and VAT reporting.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have some experience as a manager, preferably from leading a multi-location finance team in a large company, and understand classical accounting and financial controlling disciplines
- have experience with change management as we transition to a flexible way of working – i.e. specialist empowerment – and working alongside other multicultural/multi-location teams
- have experience in resource planning, setting performance expectations for teams, and monitoring via relevant KPIs to ensure a high quality of services and products is delivered to the business
- have experience with stakeholder management, understanding the mid/long-term needs of our customers and translating these into tangible actions and results
- have a proven record of delivering a range of financial services and products to key stakeholders with strict deadlines.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 November 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Ben McVeagh-Holness, Senior Manager, on +447584521987 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.