Engineering and construction
Imagine a future where you contribute to the development and design of offshore substations for our offshore wind projects
Join us in this role where you’ll follow an Offshore Substations project through its stages from development to design, incl. follow-up during fabrication and installation until handover to operations. You’ll be responsible for the technical scope of offshore substations relating to structural steel design, general layout, and mechanical equipment, as well as fire and safety, incl. proactively ensuring high-quality and innovative design of offshore substations.
Welcome to Offshore Structural Engineering Management
You’ll be part of a team of dedicated and enthusiastic engineers with diverse backgrounds, where you, together with your colleagues, will work with broad multidisciplinary projects. Here, we push our limits, drive the innovation with large-scale projects, and deal with both HVAC and HVDC designs. We offer a job with great flexibility and many benefits such as flexible working hours, as well as flexibility to work from home, opportunity for expatriation, and a social environment where well-being and job satisfaction are top of the agenda.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing and following up on the design prepared by EPC or an engineering consultancy, which means facilitating meetings and workshops, keeping track of progress, and reviewing design documentation, etc.
- establishing technical documents for the design and fabrication contracts, incl. technical specifications, scope of services, design basis, and engineering time schedule
- ensuring necessary input from internal stakeholders for the design process is received
- following up on design work, replying to Technical Queries (TQs), and securing contractors’ progress within own disciplines
- helping to develop and mature technologies for our portfolio and future substations.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are an extrovert and like to engage with other people
- have extensive experience as an engineering or discipline manager, e.g., managing design consultants or fabrication contractors
- have a sound understanding of other engineering disciplines, incl. HVAC, fire and safety, and mechanical and electrical, and how these are integrated in a substation design
- have a good overview, but also appreciate deep diving into technical drawings and/or specifications
- have a master’s degree in structural engineering and have verified offshore structural discipline skills.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 19 August 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Kasper Munch, Senior Manager, on (Denmark +45) 99558501, on weekdays from 9:00-15:00 CEST, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in an office-based set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.