Engineering and construction
Imagine a future where you´re playing a key role in structural design of support structures for our future offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll design support structures for offshore wind turbines and substations from the conceptual phase to detailed design, as well as ensuring integrity of our existing structures and enable, e.g., turbine upgrades and lifetime extensions.
Welcome to Structures & Loads
You’ll be part of Primary Structures where you, together with your colleagues, will design support structures for our future offshore wind farms and contribute to the development and refining of design methods and assumptions. The team is an integral part of Structures & Loads where different teams work closely together on the various structural aspects of designing world-class support structures for offshore wind farms. Collaboration is fundamental to our daily work, and to strengthen this, there are good opportunities to work across the department and do job rotations.
You’ll play an important role in:
- designing and verifying offshore support structures in compliance with state-of-the art knowledge, norms, and standards, using both in-house design tools and commercial software
- contributing to the continual development of the design of support structures and best practices
- developing and refining design methods and assumptions ensuring alignment across
- working in close cooperation with other highly specialised engineering disciplines, especially the Metocean Assessment & Structural Loads team
- implementing lessons learned and new solutions.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant engineering degree (MSc) and experience from design of offshore structures, e.g., jackets or monopiles – preferably for offshore wind
- have detailed knowledge of and interest in topics such as fatigue, buckling, finite element analysis, structural dynamics, hydrodynamics, and soil-structure interaction - knowledge of load calculations is an advantage
- have good communication skills and are fluent in written and spoken English
- are curious, outgoing, proactive, and engaging in your approach to problem-solving and enjoy knowledge sharing and collaborating with colleagues
- have a positive attitude, a keen eye for opportunities, and a strong drive to understand, challenge, improve, and optimise.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 29 AUGUST 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, , on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in an office-based set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.