IT and digital
Database Platform Specialist
Imagine a future where you play an important role in our critical database infrastructure that directly supports the organisation’s data-driven needs
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the operations and maintenance of our database systems. You’ll be delivering secure and robust database platforms to the application teams. As part of the Infrastructure Product team, you’ll interact with various parts of the organisation, across many countries and cultures.
Welcome to IT/OT Infrastructure Engineering
You’ll be part of Production IT IPL where you, together with your colleagues, will contribute to the design, planning, implementation, operations, and maintenance of business-critical database systems in close collaboration with your IT colleagues across the globe. Close collaboration and engagement with stakeholders and colleagues enable you to deliver solutions to business needs and requirements. As a team, we’re involved in building a sustainable green energy company with diverse culture around the globe, whilst ensuring great cohesion and collaboration to provide stable and secure database platform.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leveraging agile way of working to support the growth of the organisation by aligning team objectives with IT goals and objectives to ultimately contribute to achieving the organisation's vision
- supporting the existing database operations by handling incidents and requests, e.g., availability and performance issues, database refresh and copy, database user accesses, backup and restore
- database deployments for application teams through combination of secure and optimal performance baselines standard database offerings to include requirements and needs of the business
- planning and performing lifecycle management activities to ensure database systems are on supported and secured versions
- ensuring database assets are secured and compliant with security policies by applying regularly scheduled updates and patches and responding to security vulnerabilities with appropriate priority.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have relevant educational or technical background with prior work experience in a similar role
- have a growth mindset and can openly accept and provide differing opinions, developmental feedback, cultural diversity, etc.
- have solid, fundamental knowledge of database systems and their management tools, installation, monitoring, maintenance, performance tuning, patches, and upgrades
- have experience with Oracle and MS SQL server databases as well as Windows and Linux operating systems
- have excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills and demonstrable customer interaction skills and teamwork competences
- have a proactive mindset to identify opportunities for process automation and optimisation, as well as implementing improvements.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us as soon as possible. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.