Business & Support- Legal
US/UK Legal Counsel for financial regulation
Do you want to take part in ensuring our compliance with financial regulation to support the green energy transition?
Join us and become Legal Counsel & US Financial Regulation Officer in the Legal Financial Regulation team where you’ll advice on and monitor developments in financial regulation to ensure our compliance with financial regulation. The team consists of two financial regulation officers and two lawyers and supports all business units in the organisation. In Legal we’re 65 dedicated lawyers who work closely together to realise the Group’s green vision.
We offer a challenging position in a dedicated team working in the intersection between complex regulation and operational compliance within the energy sector.
Your key tasks will be to
- as Financial Regulation Officer, to ensure compliance with financial regulation and internal policies in our US Trading business
- advice the business on financial regulation matters, in particular on country specific US and UK financial regulation but also EU financial regulation such as MiFID, MAR, EMIR, SFTR, AML and REMIT and equivalent regulations on markets outside EU
- monitor developments in relevant financial regulation and practice
- establish and update guidelines and procedures relevant for the US Trading business
- participate in relevant stakeholder groups, dialogues with authorities and exchanges as legal expert on financial regulation
- participate in relevant projects as legal expert on financial regulation.
Your aim will be to find durable and operational compliance solutions.
Your competences include that you
- have a US master’s degree in law and preferable also a UK master’s degree in law and experience as an attorney at law
- have substantial experience within financial regulation, in particular with Dodd Frank
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks and are a team player
- thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders at all levels and across different locations
- preferably speak and write Danish.
Join a global leader in green energy
Imagine a future where you power your career while creating a world that runs entirely on green energy. Ørsted has been ranked the world’s most sustainable company and is a global leader in offshore wind energy. With a market share of 30%, we’re not only transforming the way the world is powered – we’re leading the global green energy transition.
To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. You’ll experience a collaborative, diverse and dynamic work environment where you learn from the best and get to work on challenging projects that will ignite your potential and unleash your talent.
An inclusive culture
At Ørsted, we believe that talent is diverse by nature. You’ll experience an inclusive culture that embraces diversity in thought and experience to solve challenges. And you’ll be valued for the unique contribution you make – and for being yourself.
For the UK, please contact email@example.com If you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 16 July 2020, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Kristine Sachmann, Head of Legal Financial Regulation, by telephone on +45 99 55 70 73 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travel activity in relation to your work.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Criminal record certificate
Please note that for Danish applicants, we may request a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.