Engineering & Science – Wind Power
Civil Engineering Manager
Imagine a future where you’ll make a difference for green energy
Join us in this role where you’ll be ensuring high-quality civil and mechanical design while safeguarding that the design schedule and budget are on track. You’ll also be involved in the EPC contractor selection for the project by participating in the tender and nomination process. As you’ll also handle project management-related tasks, it’s important that you have an eye for both the details and the bigger picture.
Welcome to Engineering
You’ll be part of Civil Engineering Management where you, together with your colleagues, will manage relationships with design teams and EPC contractors. You’ll be the ‘point of contact’ for the design development and have the overall overview of progress and challenges. You’ll also support the project management by managing the supplier’s schedule, budget, and quality as well as perform local management and coordination with internal stakeholders in both Taiwan and Europe. Your tasks also include reviewing civil and mechanical design packages.
You’ll play an important role in:
- assisting in the review of EPC tenders and defining award criteria
- selecting suppliers and participating in clarification meetings and negotiations
- clarifying technical queries and communication notes from the design team/EPC contractor
- handling day-to-day site support from a civil/multidisciplinary engineering perspective
- handling construction coordination on site together with the Construction Manager.
To succeed in the role, you:
- speak and write Chinese at native level and English at professional level
- have extensive experience in civil design or civil project management
- have a good understanding of multidisciplinary, large-scale projects such as power plants, substations, oil refineries, or complex construction work which require interface management
- have experience managing design consultants or principal contractors within the civil industry
- are outgoing and excel at interacting with many stakeholders both internally and externally and communicate technical concepts and progresses clearly
- are able to prepare technical documents that can be easily understood and adopted by others.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than October 21, 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on email@example.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Your primary work location is Taichung. However, frequent travelling to Taipei as well as occasional trips to Europe should be expected.