Business & Support- Management
Team Lead with technical background
Imagine a future where you lead a team of highly experienced technical engineers who are responsible for an array of technical matters related to the wind turbines for our new wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for leading a team of 14-16 project engineers that are allocated to the individual EPC wind farm projects. The role of the team is to manage the turbine technical scope within the projects. This includes managing electrical and mechanical interfaces to the wind turbine, following up on the suppliers’ deliveries, handling technical issues, and quality assuring documentation.
Welcome to WTG Technical
You’ll be part of a department that is technically responsible for all mechanical and electrical components of the wind turbine. As a department, we support the business throughout the value chain, covering technical qualification of new wind turbines, contract negotiations, EPC project execution, and, finally, hand-over to operations.
You’ll play an important role in:
- conducting people management of the team, including working with motivation and development
- ensuring the team is staffed, trained, and well qualified to support the projects
- supporting the team in delivering project support on time and within budget, of the right quality, and safely
- taking part in supplier contract negotiation and project support when needed
- constituting a management team together with the head of the department and our two senior lead specialists with focus on the department’s strategy and structural development.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience with line management or project management
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a technical engineering discipline or a similar technical background
- have a good technical understanding that allows you to easily comprehend the challenges that the team members are facing
- are open-minded and find motivation in helping others succeed
- thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders, and you therefore speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than 13 December 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Don’t hesitate to contact Jacob Wittrock, Senior Manager, WTG Technical, by telephone on +45 99 55 78 60 if you’d like to know more about the position.