Business & Support- Management
Deputy Product Line Director
Imagine a future where you’ll be part of one of the most ambitious product line programmes in the offshore wind industry in a company that’s leading the green transformation within offshore wind and will continue to do so
Join us in this role where you’ll deputise for the director in the Product Line Power Generation, which is responsible for developing and procuring optimised generating assets for our global pipeline of offshore projects.
Welcome to Product Line Power Generation & Procurement
You’ll be part of the Management team where your overall objective will be to develop and deliver on the strategies for foundations and turbines through a portfolio of product line projects spanning from technology development projects to supplier development and sourcing projects to meet the needs of our company’s growing Development and Execution Projects.
You’ll play an important role in:
- securing alignment on new projects among key stakeholders before seeking mandate from our Steering Committee
- supporting the Programme Managers to deliver on budget, scope, and schedule while balancing the interests of the individual stakeholders against a wider portfolio consideration
- identifying, developing, implementing, and following up on product line KPIs for the portfolio of Product Line projects
- assessing the impact of Development and Execution Projects pipeline changes and ensuring that the product line projects are adapted accordingly
- performing other tasks such as strategy development, supplier engagement, resource alignment, reporting to senior management.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree in engineering or in the commercial field as well preferably relevant technical understanding of and experience within the offshore wind industry
- have solid experience, including technical or commercial management experience with exposure to external stakeholders and senior management (including negotiation)
- have financial, legal, and technical understanding of and experience with complex projects
- have project management experience and knowledge of international project management standards (such as PMI) as well as experience with stage-gate divided project execution
- preferably have a proven leadership track record from large complex technical projects, and you have strong business acumen and understand the key drivers that influence business performance
- speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than 31 December 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and will close the position when the right candidate is found.
Don’t hesitate to contact Jesper Frederiksen, Head of Project Management in PL & Procurement, by telephone on +45 99 51 64 07 if you’d like to know more about the position.