Engineering & Science –Building & Construction
Offshore Pipeline Engineer
Imagine a future where you work with and care for some of Denmark’s most important infrastructure assets through operation, maintenance, and asset management of our offshore pipelines in the North Sea
Join us in this role where you’ll become part of a team of highly skilled colleagues involved in all disciplines related to the operation, inspection, maintenance, and asset management of the Danish offshore pipelines bringing most of the Danish oil and gas into Denmark.
Welcome to Infrastructure Assets
You’ll be part of the Gas Pipeline Systems & Execution department where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for approximately 800 km of offshore pipelines – one oil and two gas transmission pipelines – and associated subsea structures and platform risers. The department’s tasks include project management, including preparation, engineering, contracting, execution, and supervision of offshore inspection and maintenance campaigns and the subsequent follow-up on execution data and initial integrity assessment. Tasks also include liaising with authorities and external parties.
You’ll play an important role in:
- participating in the planning, engineering, tendering, contracting, execution, and follow-up on offshore inspection and maintenance projects, including pigging activities
- liaising with authorities, consultants, contractors, oil and gas companies, and other third parties
- acting as offshore company representative/supervisor on board contractors’ vessels and on offshore platforms during operations
- managing health, safety, environmental and quality (HSEQ) risks associated with the operation and maintenance activities
- developing and maintaining relevant company standards, procedures, tools, and databases related to asset management and pipeline operation activities in accordance with best industry practice.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a key focus on safety, which must be embedded in all the work you do
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering, preferably in mechanical engineering or structural/hydrodynamic engineering
- have some experience working with asset management, pipeline integrity, and subsea and pipeline engineering
- have some experience working with engineering companies, contractors, and suppliers
- have some experience working with practical pipeline operation and maintenance as well as experience in marine and subsea operations and inspection methods.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than 30 November 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Don’t hesitate to contact Thomas Bunde Hansen, Head of Gas Pipeline Systems & Execution by telephone on +45 99 55 59 97 if you’d like to know more about the position.