Engineering & Science – Wind Power
Lead Structural Engineer
Imagine a future where you play a key role in the green energy transformation by contributing to the development and design of our US offshore wind farm and offshore substation foundations
Join us in this role where you’ll be given a unique opportunity to follow our US asset projects through their stages from development to design, including follow-up during fabrication and installation. You’ll be responsible for the sound design of secondary steel, including applicable safety requirements for our US offshore wind farm and substation foundations.
Welcome to Structural Engineering
You’ll be part of our Structural Engineering team which is made up of skilled and dedicated primary and secondary structural engineers, corrosion and cathodic protection specialists, and 3D CAD designers. Together with your colleagues, you’ll provide technical guidance and make decisions for our US asset projects, including proactively ensuring high quality and innovative design of secondary structures.
You’ll play an important role in:
- the design of secondary structures for US asset projects and developing future secondary structure design concepts, by performing as well as reviewing design calculations, documentation, and specifications
- replying to technical queries in the fabrication and installation phase, including performing First Article Inspections of secondary structures at the fabrication sites
- following up on design work, facilitating design review meetings, attending weekly project meetings and technical discussions, and performing QA of deliverables
- identifying design risks throughout the US asset project life cycles and notifying the relevant stakeholders, i.e. designers, project managers, lead specialists, etc.
- replying to technical queries from the design team in relation to applicable US regulatory requirements and design standards, i.e. CFR, USCG, OSHA, API, AISC, AWEA, etc.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have technical experience in the secondary structures design for offshore wind turbine foundations or similar offshore structures, including the applicable US regulatory, design, and fabrication standards
- are a licensed Professional Engineer for one or more states and are eligible for license by comity in the project states located along the US East Coast
- have a master’s degree in civil/structural engineering or similar and are a licensed US Professional Engineer
- are experienced in numerical modeling, preferably with the ANSYS software package or Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional
- are self-motivated, take responsibility, have a pragmatic approach to your work, and thrive in an international and diverse work environment.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than December 14, 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on email@example.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.