Engineering & Science – Wind Power
Imagine a future where your technical expertise is key to securing continued safe operation of the world’s largest offshore wind farm portfolio
Join us in this role where you’ll play a key part in ensuring structural integrity of our existing foundations, enabling, e.g., turbine upgrades and possible life time extensions. You’ll apply your experience and knowledge to provide world-class solutions to the business. Furthermore, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in design of new wind farms from the conceptual phase to detailed design.
Welcome to Structural Engineering
You’ll be part of Primary Structures Execution where you, together with your colleagues, will continuously develop and refine design methods and assumptions, ensuring alignment across functional areas within the Offshore business unit. The department has offices in two locations in Denmark, Skærbæk, and Gentofte, while other interfacing colleagues are located in London, Hamburg, the US, and Taiwan, among other places.
You’ll play an important role in:
- maximising the windfarm business case by reassessing foundation design to secure planned service life or exploring possibilities of lifetime extensions
- designing and verifying foundations in compliance with state-of-the art knowledge, norms, and standards, using both in-house design tools and commercial software
- contributing to the continual development of the design of foundations as well as best practices and design tools
- consolidating new knowledge from existing structures, e.g. based on measurement data and define new solutions
- working in close cooperation with other highly specialised engineering disciplines, mainly focusing on the optimisation of existing structures.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant engineering degree (MSc), preferably with some years of experience from offshore structures, e.g. design and reassessments of jackets or monopiles
- have detailed knowledge of and interest in topics such as fatigue, buckling, finite element analysis, structural dynamics, hydrodynamics, and soil-structure interaction
- can focus on both the deep technical challenges and the overall business case
- are curious, outgoing, proactive, and engaging in your approach to problem-solving and enjoy knowledge sharing and sparring with colleagues
- have a positive attitude and a strong drive to understand and improve
- are fluent in English and have good communication skills.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than 14 December 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Don’t hesitate to contact Henrik Hauge Thomsen, Manager, Primary Structures, +45 99 55 69 51 if you’d like to know more about the position.