Engineering and construction
Imagine a future where you’ll use your geophysical expertise to help develop new offshore wind farm projects by being responsible for geophysical assessments of ground conditions
Join us in this role where you’ll be offered a unique geophysical specialist position in a dedicated and international team within a rapidly growing industry. You’ll be empowered in your daily work and have plenty of opportunities for professional and personal development.
Welcome to Site Investigations
You’ll be part of Geophysical Assessments where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for geophysical assessment deliverables to internal and external stakeholders. You’ll be part of a large group of committed colleagues with different backgrounds. In the department, we strive for a high degree of professionalism when planning and conducting our surveys, interpretations, and engineering work.
You’ll play an important role in:
- assessing geophysical data from offshore wind farm sites and exporting cable routes during project development
- being responsible for the seismic stratigraphy-based and geotechnically proven geological ground model in close cooperation with the geotechnical engineers
- integrating a suite of different geophysical datasets (e.g. UHRS, SBP, MBES, and SSS data)
- being responsible for geophysical deliveries to internal and external stakeholders
- handling the technical management of project-specific processing and interpretation work and having the QA responsibility for the geophysical data quality and associated interpretations
- aligning project-specific objectives and end deliverables for individual geophysical surveys together with a colleague from the Geophysical Surveys team.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant degree in geophysics or geoscience and solid experience with a broad spectrum of geophysical methods
- have an analytical yet pragmatic approach to solving your tasks
- have experience with both seabed and seismic interpretation, including processing and geophysical interpretation workflows
- are motivated by technical challenges and a highly dynamic workplace
- speak and write English fluently and have excellent communication skills, enabling you to convey messages to your stakeholders smoothly and efficiently
- enjoy working with short decision paths and having the opportunity to take leadership for technically challenging processes.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 17 January 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Knud Ho Karkov, Team Lead, on +4599559178 if you’d like to know more about the position.