Finance and controlling
Senior or Lead Quantitative Analyst
Imagine a future where you improve financial modelling methods that impact market decisions for the global leader in green energy production
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for developing and implementing new pricing methodologies in a rapidly transforming commercial landscape. You’ll direct and influence ongoing development for all existing and new models, and you’ll use your visible and influential voice to foster and grow a culture of transparency and positive communication with a diverse set of stakeholders.
Welcome to Data & Analytics
You’ll be part of Analytics Platforms where you, together with your colleagues, will deliver models and simulations that enable the Group to optimise and risk manage energy assets on a global scale, from wind assets to complex gas and power derivatives. Working closely with customers across Market Trading and Risk Management, we’re transforming and improving Ørsted's existing landscape of high-quality financial models and analytical products, platforms, and tools.
You’ll play an important role in:
- deriving, developing and implementing new mathematical financial models for pricing and hedging across a variety of energy contracts
- directing and influencing ongoing development for all existing and new models, ad hoc analyses, and deliverables
- collaborating closely with a diverse set of stakeholders, from energy originators to front desk, business analysts, risk managers, and the broader technical delivery organisation
- integrating models into our production environment
- delivering work in a structured manner and ensuring that knowledge is shared across the team
- being a visible and influential voice that helps sustain and grow a culture of transparency and positive communication.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold an MSc or PhD in finance, mathematics, statistics, or a similar quantitative field
- have deep knowledge of and experience with financial and mathematical modelling, incl. derivatives pricing, Monte Carlo simulations, stochastic differential equations, statistics, and optimisation methods
- can communicate your ideas via clear, simple, and expressive coding scripts
- have relevant sector experience, ideally with energy contracts
- have a proven track record of success from working in a similar operationally critical environment
- are curious, commercial, perseverant and have a strong desire to be part of and greatly impact our diverse team of strong analysts and developers.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 January 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jan Voetmann, Head of Analytics, on +4599554105 if you’d like to know more about the position.