Strategy and business development
Land & Property Specialist/Land Officer
Imagine a future where you play an integral role in the green energy transition taking place in the UK by delivering the land and property needed by large-scale offshore wind farms and renewable energy projects
Join us in this role where you’ll become Land & Property Specialist in the UK Land & Property department and be responsible for coordinating, managing, and implementing the land rights needed to construct, operate, and maintain our green energy projects throughout the UK. Your role will be ‘hands on’ with particular focus on negotiating access, settling claims for compensation, implementing our land acquisition strategies, and managing contractors and external stakeholders through construction and into operation.
Welcome to UK Project Development
You’ll be part of the Land & Property team where you, together with your colleagues, will have the opportunity to work on a range of projects at all stages of development, construction, and operation. You’ll also have the support and freedom to develop new skills and gain a deeper understanding of how our projects are changing the energy landscape in the UK. The Land & Property team’s work is varied and includes delivering offshore wind farms, energy storage, green hydrogen, transmission grid connections, offices, warehouses, research projects, and harbour logistics sites.
You’ll play an important role in:
- delivering and implementing land rights following best practice and company strategy
- working alongside lawyers and consultants undertaking deals on the company’s behalf
- engaging in negotiations and settlement of compensation claims
- communicating and consulting with landowners, contractors, and third parties
- ensuring good record keeping and document management processes are followed.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a professional qualification, preferably in surveying, estate management, or another relevant discipline
- have previous land rights or wayleaving experience or proven knowledge of these activities
- have good knowledge of agriculture, compulsory purchase, and rural affairs
- have experience working with and managing external suppliers
- have excellent communication skills and are able to speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 12 March 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations UK, on talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to know more about the position.
You’ll be based in our London office; however, you should expect to spend a significant part of your time travelling to office and construction site locations throughout the UK.
Please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.