Public affairs, regulatory and legal
Environment Consents Specialist
Imagine a future where you deliver the offshore wind projects of tomorrow
Join us in this role where you’ll become Environment Consents Specialist in our UK Consents Execution team, where you’ll be responsible for supporting the Consents Project team working on an offshore wind farm project as it progresses through the construction phase.
Welcome to Environment & Consents UK
You’ll be part of the UK Consents Execution team where you, together with your colleagues, will focus on activities relating to discharging conditions of a project’s Development Consent Order (DCO) and providing consent-critical information to support offshore engineering project managers through the construction and operational preparations of the project.
You’ll play an important role in:
- supporting the Hornsea Three Consents team in delivering the discharge of conditions that’ll allow us to commence construction on time
- helping deliver the first compensation packages for an offshore wind farm in the UK
- incorporating emerging technologies such as hydrogen generation and energy storage into our offshore wind projects
- supporting the team with developing best practice and ensuring that the project is compliant
- being proactive in creating an inclusive working environment.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have completed a relevant master’s degree in environmental science or environmental economics
- have strong analytical skills, a high level of personal drive, and a high learning ability
- have an understanding of the UK regulatory and/or political environment within offshore wind
- speak and write English fluently and possess excellent communication skills, enabling you to communicate at all organisational levels
- thrive in an international environment and can create good relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 18 April 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Natasha Litten, Head of Consents - UK Development, on +447788713391 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll travel to meetings with colleagues and stakeholders within the UK and Denmark.
Please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.