Engineering and construction
Imagine a future where your structural engineering background combined with your tool development expertise is key in enabling effective design of offshore foundations
Join us in this role where you’ll be the main developer of our in-house jacket foundation design tool. By working in close collaboration and alignment with designers and numerical specialists you’ll help ensure that user demands are accommodated with focus on delivering the right level of quality to ensure effective execution of asset projects. You’ll be key in insuring that our tool package is fit for future demands and needs, by which you’ll have an active role in shaping the tool strategy.
Welcome to Structural Engineering
You’ll be part of the Primary Structures Development team where you, together with your colleagues, constantly will develop and refine concepts, design methods, assumptions, and design tools while ensuring the applicability of what is developed to design. Our department has offices in two locations in Denmark; Gentofte and Skærbæk, while other interfacing colleagues are, among other places located in London, Hamburg, Kuala Lumper, USA, and Taiwan.
You’ll play an important role in:
- continuous developing and supporting the main design tool thus enabling effective execution of jacket design projects
- binding together user needs with effective code writing and good practices in software development to ensure user friendliness
- maintaining a strong focus on how our tool package can contribute to the continual development of the design of foundations as well as best practices
- working in close cooperation with other highly specialised engineering disciplines, mainly focusing on the optimisation of our internal design tools
- ensuring overall soundness of the department’s tool package, including our monopile design tools, scripts to commercial finite element software, etc.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant engineering degree (MSc), e.g. in structural or mechanical engineering, preferably with experience from offshore structures as well as with design tool development
- have detailed knowledge of and large motivation for software development and programming, preferably in Python
- can focus on both the deep technical challenges and the overall business case
- are curious, outgoing, proactive, and engaging in your approach to problem solving, and enjoy knowledge sharing and sparring with colleagues
- have a positive attitude and a strong drive to understand and improve not only for the sake of the product but for the company as a whole
- are fluent in English, both in speaking and in writing, and have good communication skills.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 1 August 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Henrik Skovgaard Simonsen, Team Lead, on +4599555765 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.