Public affairs, regulatory and legal
Senior Legal Counsel for Benelux offshore wind business (m/f/d)
Imagine a future where you’ll tackle a broad range of legal issues of strategic significance for our Benelux offshore wind and hydrogen business
Join us in this role where you’ll become Senior Legal Counsel in the Legal Commercial CE & UK legal team. You’ll handle a wide range of legal matters associated with market and project development as well as asset management in respect of our operational wind farms.
Welcome to Group Legal
You’ll be part of Legal Commercial CE & UK where you’ll be working out of our office in The Hague with direct reference to our Head of Legal Commercial CE & UK. Here, you’ll act as local counsel to our Dutch organisation focusing on offshore wind and hydrogen, acting as first point of contact for all day-to-day legal questions in the Netherlands, supported by the team and our global specialist teams in Legal M&A and EPC & Operations.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading the legal support to our Dutch organisation and becoming the ‘go-to person’ for market and project development activities in Benelux
- providing local and regional support to our offshore wind businesses in Central Europe and UK within the areas of market, business, and project development as well as asset management
- advising on or coordinating project related regulatory and consenting issues in new and existing markets, innovation projects, energy legislation, permitting procedures, etc.
- advising the local management on corporate law matters, including drafting of corporate documents, assistance in relation to board meetings, general meetings, etc.
- participating in the negotiation with local authorities and third-party stakeholders of development-stage or operational commercial agreements
- coordinating legal support to the Dutch organisation between yourself, the team, and external legal as well as managing external legal costs.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are a fully qualified Dutch lawyer and have significant relevant experience as a corporate or commercial lawyer or working as in-house counsel, experience from the energy sector is a plus
- are a generalist with a desire to work with both regulatory, compliance, commercial, and corporate matters
- have extensive experience with commercial contract drafting and negotiation or experience working with offshore wind or hydrogen
- have a proactive and structured approach to your work tasks and clients
- possess outstanding Dutch and English written and oral communication skills
- are pragmatic and capable of working independently, and have the ability to work under pressure and to handle multiple parallel workstreams.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 15 August 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Kicki Bøgh Deemand Bosselmann, on +4599552159 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.