Engineering and construction
Senior HV/MV Engineer with HVDC competences
Imagine a future where you contribute to a world that runs entirely on green energy by building transmission systems for offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the HVDC components or grid stabilising components like STATCOMs and synchronous condensers for one of our future offshore wind farms. We offer a position with responsibility, challenge, and a focus on your career aspirations, where well-being and joy in work are a top priority.
Welcome to Transformers & HV Components Engineering
You’ll be part of a team of ambitious and highly skilled engineers where you, together with your colleagues, will conduct engineering tasks related to the sourcing, manufacturing, and installation of HV equipment. We’re involved in the entire lifecycle of our offshore wind power projects, from the early stages of project development to the handover of the completed wind farm. The team currently consist of 14 people with diverse cultural backgrounds based in offices in Denmark and UK.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing and maintaining technical requirements and participating in technical clarifications for the sourcing of HV components, including HVDC systems, STATCOMs, and synchronous condensers
- driving technical development in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- aligning and optimising electrical and mechanical interfaces with key stakeholders, such as the structural engineering department and the electrical system design department
- ensuring the quality of HV components through compliance with our quality processes
- develop and implement incremental and non-incremental innovation
- Delivering HV components for an increasing number of offshore wind farms across the globe
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree or maybe a PhD in electrical engineering
- have strong knowledge of and experience within HVDC systems, STATCOMs, and synchronous condensers
- understand electrical transmission system design requirements and how power electronic-based equipment can be utilised to improve grid stability and system performance
- have personal drive combined with a structured and proactive approach to your work
- combine a self-driven and collaborative approach, enabling you to thrive in a team.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 24 October 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
For the UK position, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.