Engineering and construction
Imagine a future where you lead a team that manages EIA activities and consenting processes to ensure the success of our biggest development project in Korea
Join us in this role where you’ll be involved in a range of environmental and permitting topics to support ongoing environmental impact assessment (EIA) activities and other permitting processes in relation to offshore wind projects. This will include working with external partners in Korea as well as internal colleagues in the APAC region and Europe and assisting in consultations with local authorities and interest organisations.
Welcome to APAC Project Development & Programmes (APAC PD)
You’ll be part of APAC Environment & Permitting under APAC PD which, at present, focuses on developing competitive offshore wind projects and windfarm constructions. We’re managing the EIA and consenting processes to ensure they’re in place in due time. Together with your colleagues, you’ll work collaboratively with a range of internal and external specialists on technical, engineering, and other related subjects.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being the first member of APAC Environment & Permitting located in Korea and exploring the local consent regime
- leading and managing the EIA performed by external consultants, i.e. facilitating meetings and workshops, reviewing documentation, etc.
- coordinating with internal stakeholders and ensuring that necessary input for the EIA and consenting process is received in due time
- providing support to the offshore wind project management on a range of tasks in terms of environmental and permitting topics
- supporting discussions with external stakeholders in relation to EIA and consenting processes, including fisheries and other environmental interest organisations and groups.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s or bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field such as ecology or environmental science
- have in-depth knowledge of and experience with offshore and coastal permitting processes for offshore wind farms in Korea
- have experience delivering environmental and consenting work in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams in high-pressure environments
- are outgoing and take joy in being part of a project where coordination and collaboration with other project disciplines are essential
- have good leadership skills that can guide/support your team to successfully achieve targets
- can speak and write fluently in both Korean and English and prepare technical documents that are easily understood and adopted by non-specialists and others.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30-09-2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations APAC, , on talentacquisitionAP@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll need to participate in meetings with external stakeholders. The traveling will mainly be domestic.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
OBS: Due to technical maintenance, you won’t be able to apply for jobs in the period 9-14 September.