Engineering and construction
Senior Grid Connection Engineer
Imagine a future where you work in a highly skilled team designing and ensuring the electrical interconnection of some of the largest offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for conceptualizing the electrical systems of wind farms and leading the interconnection process from application through commissioning.
Welcome to US Offshore Engineering
You’ll be part of the Electrical System Design & Grid Integration function where you, together with your colleagues, will collaborate with our international team which consists of highly skilled professionals responsible for the design and interconnection of our offshore wind projects.
You’ll play an important role in:
- coordinating between external and internal stakeholders, incl. transmission operators, system operators, and project teams
- being responsible for ensuring the electrical design is compliant with US interconnection codes and standards along with transferring technical requirements back to the design teams in Europe
- managing the interconnection study process from initial application through the large generator interconnect agreement
- following industry developments regarding offshore interconnections, incl. participation in system operator planning committees
- supporting projects and business development opportunities in the US
- reviewing the PSS/E and PSCAD studies, preparing electrical system design reports and grid code compliance testing and verification.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s, or preferably a master’s degree, in electrical engineering and 5+ years of experience interconnecting utility scale energy facilities in the Northeast US
- have a solid understanding of electrical system modelling and simulation tools e.g., PSS/E, PSCAD, Power Factory or similar
- understand electrical design considerations of wind farms along with familiarity with wind turbines and their control systems
- be acquainted with electrical grid code requirements and interconnection processes for large generator assets in PJM, ISO-NE and NYISO regions
- thrive in an international environment with the ability to convey complex issues to stakeholders
- have a result-oriented and analytical approach to your work and enjoy working both independently and with colleagues and business partners.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than September 20, 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Recruiting Specialist, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
The position can be based at any of our US Engineering Hub offices although some travel between offices and to stakeholder meetings should be expected.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.