IT and digital
Senior data engineer with Python developer competences
Imagine a future where you’re developing cloud-based platform solutions that enable the use of data across disciplines and business areas
Join us in this role where you’ll get the opportunity to architect and build end-to-end data engineering solutions that provide the foundation for an enterprise platform for cloud-based analytics across the company. You’ll be a part of our agile delivery organisation and will be working closely with product owners, subject matter experts, and business stakeholders. You’ll be advising the business on how to enable data in order to increase business value.
Welcome to Ørsted IT area of Advanced Analytics.
You’ll be part of Agile and project deliveries where you, together with your colleagues, will be part of a team which includes professionals that are passionate about data, data applications, and green energy. The diverse team across three regions consists of approx. 30 professionals within the areas of data management, data engineering, and data science. Together with our IT-colleagues and the business, we’re committed to delivering on our company’s digital strategy and creating a strong platform for analytics, model management, machine learning, etc. – all built on cloud technologies.
You’ll play an important role in:
- designing and building data pipelines for modern cloud-based analytics across the company
- working with big data and complex and large datasets to be presented in a structured way to the business
- ensuring that data format and storage options are the best fit for end-user needs
- optimising data pipelines performance and security
- monitoring and maintaining existing data pipelines
- running PoC’s to select and maintain relevant data engineering tools
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a passion for developing software to address data processing challenges, and have significant development experience and interest in the extensive use of Python
- have experience working with Spark/PySpark and NiFi
- have experience with data storage or engineering solutions in Azure or another cloud platform
- have experience with monitoring and orchestrating data pipelines in a DevOps context
- have experience with quantitative analyses and processing large data volumes
- have experience in Docker containers, Kubernetes, and Linux-based applications.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 16 October 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
For Denmark, please don’t hesitate to contact Henning Leo Petersen, Head of Data Mgt, GIS & Integrations CC, on +4599552549 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For Poland, please don’t hesitate to contact Lukasz Parkitny, Head of Custom Applications CC, on +48506976241 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For Malaysia, please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY on +60392124256 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.