Engineering and construction
Senior cost engineer or cost engineer
Imagine a future where you develop and support CAPEX-estimating tools for the market leader in offshore wind energy
Join us in this role where you’ll be instrumental in capturing the latest technology and price developments across the regions where we operate. The tools you build will ensure that our business cases reflect our latest knowledge of our supply chain’s capabilities, helping to secure our future global portfolio. You’ll be responsible for developing CAPEX-estimating tools at the module level. Our modules span the full scope of an offshore wind farm on a global scale.
Welcome to EPC & Operations
You’ll be part of a globally based cost engineering team where you, together with your colleagues in Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC), will be developing models for CAPEX estimates. We offer a unique and varied role where you’ll work across the offshore wind portfolio and have every opportunity to develop your knowledge, competences, and skillset. You’ll be an integral part of a team with competent and committed colleagues who’ll support you along the way.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing cost-estimating models for strategic modules to support lean data flow and to maximise insight from our portfolio through increased knowledge sharing
- working closely with the EPC organisation to ensure that the latest technology and commercial assumptions are represented in the cost baseline
- ensuring continuous focus on data quality and integration with IT tools and governance
- ensuring compliance with established cost-estimating processes, systems, and industry best practice.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, business administration, or finance
- are a high-level user of MS Excel – experience working with databases and programming is preferable, but not a prerequisite
- have experience working with cost estimation – experience with complex infrastructure projects is preferable, but not a prerequisite
- have a proactive and structured approach to your work and a drive to handle complex tasks
- can communicate and create good relationships with stakeholders.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 17 October 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Søren Jessen, Senior Manager, on +4599554380 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.