Public affairs, regulatory and legal
Senior legal counsel for our Polish offshore wind business
Imagine a future where you unleash your potential as our in-house lawyer, supporting our large-scale offshore wind projects
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for providing high-quality legal advice to our market and project development teams in Poland. You’ll focus on supporting our integrated project team with our Joint venture partner, PGE, in relation to the development of our Baltica 2 and 3 offshore wind farms.
Welcome to Group Legal
You’ll be part of Legal Offshore Europe where you, together with your colleagues, will focus on market and project development aspects of offshore wind. You’ll be working out of our office in Warsaw with direct reference to our Head of Legal Offshore Europe. In this role, you’ll act as local counsel to our Polish offshore wind business, acting as first point of contact for day-to-day legal questions in Poland supported by the Offshore Legal team, external advisors and our global specialist teams in Legal M&A and Legal EPC & Operations.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being the lead in-house lawyer supporting our Polish offshore wind business on day-to-day matters within market development, project development and asset management
- being the lead Ørsted in-house lawyer, together with our partner’s legal representatives, supporting our integrated project team on offshore wind project in the Polish part of the Baltic
- advising and coordinating on project related regulatory and consenting issues, energy legislation, permitting procedures, compliance issues, giving legal input to and review of offshore wind bid submissions
- advising local managers on legal issues and corporate law matters, incl. assisting with board meetings, general meetings etc
- participating in negotiations with local authorities and third-party stakeholders of dev.-stage commercial agreements
- coordinating legal support to the Polish offshore wind business and managing external legal costs.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are a fully qualified advocate or attorney-at law in Poland, and possess experience within infrastructure projects or public procurement processes in either Poland or Europe
- hold solid experience from a reputable law firm or in-house legal role working as attorney-at-law with a focus on commercial contracts, procurement, or infrastructure projects -knowledge working with regulation regarding admin proceedings being a plus
- are eager to learn and motivated to deal with a wide range of legal matters in a fast-paced environment
- are fluent in Polish and possess outstanding English written and oral communication skills
- are pragmatic and capable of working independently, and can handle multiple parallel workstreams
- have a proactive and structured approach to your work tasks and clients and have a commercially sound judgement.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 November 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Kicki Bøgh Deemand Bosselmann, Sekretær, on +4599552159 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.