Senior transportation and customs procurement manager
Imagine a future where you join our Offshore O&M Components Procurement team to build up and drive our new scope of transport and customs
Welcome to Global O&M Procurement
You’ll be part of Offshore O&M Components Procurement and Supply Management where you, together with the team, will secure contracts for the supply of components for our offshore wind farms globally. You’ll be part of a highly motivated and driven team of 12 people based in Gentofte and Skærbæk. Together with the team, you’ll work across markets and time zones in our engagement with suppliers, and internal stakeholders, to source and supply components and spare parts to our turbines in operation, and you will report directly to the head of Offshore O&M Components Procurement and Supply Management.
You’ll play an important role in:
- establishing the transportation strategy in Ørsted and building up the category to support the components procurement activities, logistics, and supply chain development in continental Europe
- owning and managing the procurement process covering sourcing strategy, leading contract negotiation, contract signing and contract management, to support the overall module sourcing strategy
- engaging with a diverse range of stakeholders to understand business needs in order to establish and execute suitable and effective sourcing strategies
- appointing and liaising with customs brokers (handling the operational custom clearing of goods) and internal stakeholders to ensure that we meet our customs compliance obligations as a company
- engaging with suppliers in relation to export/import requirements for shipment to/from EU/UK
- liaising with the Tax team to establish solid customs processes and concession, whilst ensuring compliance.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have relevant bachelor or master’s degree in a commercial or technical subject
- have experience with freight forwarding, logistics or transportation, and customs handling
- have relevant procurement experience covering sourcing strategies, negotiation, contracting, and stakeholder management
- have a solution-oriented, and self-starter mindset, thrive in a rapidly developing working environment, and have experience with building constructive working relationships in an international team
- have good people skills to facilitate communication and cooperation with colleagues and stakeholders, as well as solid presenter capabilities for larger audiences.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 19 December 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Mette Buus Pihl, Head of Offshore O&M Components Procurement, on +4599557953 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be covering the EU and UK.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.