Engineering and construction
Data scientist for offshore wind farms
Imagine a future where you enhance the power output of our offshore wind farms by developing analyses of operational data related to HV cables
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for organising data, developing analyses, and programming solutions to ensure the maximum availability of our 33-400 kV offshore and onshore cable connections. You’ll be involved in all engineering phases, from research and development to operations and maintenance, related to our complete range of onshore and offshore cable systems across our markets.
Welcome to High Voltage Cable Specialist
You’ll be part of HVC Specialist where you, together with your colleagues, will focus on cable technology and cable monitoring solutions. You’ll collaborate with colleagues, both in the department and across the organisation, with whom you can exchange ideas and discuss technology, methods, issues, and solutions on a daily basis.
You’ll play an important role in:
- identifying ways of combining datasets from our HV cable portfolio to enable sophisticated analyses of the asset condition, resulting in an increased availability
- designing analyses methodologies for the available data
- programming tools for analysing live operational data
- developing and maintaining engineering tools, incl. programming
- assisting projects on cable-related workstreams, incl. quality assurance, thermal and electrical calculations, and ad hoc specialist support.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have an MSc degree in data science, software engineering, applied mathematics, or similar
- have a knowledge and experience level allowing you to master different programming languages, incl. SQL, Python and MATLAB, and preferably also organising codes in Git
- possess knowledge and understanding of advanced data analyses methods, incl. machine learning and artificial intelligence
- have a curious and independent mindset allowing you to be a strong initiator with the ability to contribute to challenging issues within a complex matrix organisation
- thrive in an international environment and have a background related to high voltage cables or cable monitoring.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 October 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Rasmus Aabye Olsen, Manager, on +4561244380 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.