Public affairs, regulatory and legal
Senior legal counsel to provide legal and commercial advice to transaction teams
Imagine a future where you work on cutting-edge financing and M&A transactions supporting our vision of creating a world that runs entirely on green energy
Join us in this role as senior legal counsel in Legal M&A where you’ll be responsible for providing high-quality legal and commercial advice to the transaction teams in our company carrying out M&A transactions, partnerships, and strategic joint ventures globally. You’ll focus on supporting our Structured Financial Solutions team on the financing workstreams within those transactions.
Welcome to Group Legal
You’ll be part of Legal M&A where you, together with your colleagues, will provide high-quality legal and commercial advice to the transaction teams in our company carrying out financing, M&As, partnerships, and strategic joint venture transactions globally.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being the lead in-house lawyer supporting our Structured Financial Solutions team on the financing workstreams across our transactions
- being the lead in-house lawyer on transactions, participating in managing the process, and leading the management of transaction documentation, including drafting as appropriate
- partnering with and leading the relationship with external legal advisers on each transaction to ensure the best outcome for the business, including managing external legal cost
- identifying legal and commercial risks and assisting the transaction teams in coming up with solutions to manage or eradicate the risk
- building up your knowledge of our business and approach to financing our transactions and becoming a trusted adviser able to provide legal advice with a deep knowledge of the business
- leading the negotiation of financing term sheets for our transactions and supervising the process of putting in place full form financing documentation on behalf of the transaction team.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are a fully qualified lawyer in England or similar common law jurisdiction with a reputation for finance
- have solid experience from a reputable international law firm in a banking and finance role
- are eager to learn and have the confidence to fully participate as part of the transaction team and together with external legal advisers find the optimal solutions
- can work independently and have the ability to work under pressure and to quickly adapt to changing circumstances.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 15 October 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jonathon Morton, Head of Legal M&A, on +447805213646 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.