Engineering and construction
Wind farm design & configuration manager
Imagine a future where you’re responsible for a team delivering on a scope covering wind farm concept and layout engineering, energy yield assessment, GIS activities, and measurements
Join us in this role where you’ll be leading and project managing a project team in the different phases of a wind farm’s lifecycle, i.e. project development, construction, and O&M. You’ll be part of a team of dedicated project managers with very different backgrounds and skillsets and, when needed, you’ll lead both in the office and offshore. We’re united by strong project and stakeholder management skills and high ambitions.
Welcome to Wind Farm Design & Configuration Management
You’ll be part of a team of highly skilled and energetic project managers where you, together with your colleagues, will deliver the data and wind farm configurations needed to enable the organisation to develop, build, and operate offshore wind farms in an optimal and sustainable way. You’ll also ensure that our business cases contribute competitive projects for investment decisions and deliver on these throughout the lifecycle of the wind farm. We work as a strong project matrix organisation, and our project management is based on the PMI project management structure and terminology.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing a project team of 5-10 people as well as a large number of stakeholders and demonstrating ownership of your projects by delivering on your scope, incl. budget, planning, quality, and risks
- motivating and driving team performance and being a role model according to our five guiding principles, i.e. integrity, passion, team, results, and safety
- managing contracts and contractors throughout your projects while ensuring specification, procurement, installation, and maintenance of e.g. the measurement equipment
- providing recommendations to management in relation to specific technical and commercial issues and risks based on input from relevant experts, and ensuring clear communication to external stakeholder
- extracting lessons learned from the daily work to support business process efficiency, contributing actively to developing our knowledge base, and carrying out related development tasks.
To succeed in the role, you:
- actively lead, motivate, and utilise your team to deliver on your commitments
- understand people and have experience leading multicultural teams, preferably across continents, as well as strong communication skills and the ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels
- are self-driven and able to adapt to an ever-changing project development and execution environment
- excel in change management processes and are used to working in a complex matrix organisation
- have extensive project management experience within offshore wind, commercial understanding and a broadly defined technical background, and experience with at least one of the technical scope areas
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree and a strong track record demonstrating experience with project managing large infrastructure projects – preferably you have a PMI-PMP certification.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 18 November 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Charlotte Lindelöw-Marsden, Manager, on +4599559164 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be making both onshore and offshore trips to sites during the procurement, manufacturing, and installation/decommissioning of measurement equipment. You’ll also attend on-location project meetings.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.