Sales and energy trading
Imagine a future where you play a key role in managing and optimising the commercial performance and risk profile of our current GB asset portfolio and support future investments
Join us in this role where you’ll be working with commercial managers, providing commercial and some regulatory support to monitor and manage existing revenues in the GB portfolio. You’ll also identify future revenue streams and route to market, such as ancillary services, and work with the markets team to manage commercial risks and identify mitigation strategies. You’ll have the opportunity to work with technical, business, and project development teams across the organisation to support future investments.
Welcome to UK Commercial
You’ll be part of UK Revenue Management where you, together with your colleagues, will be one of 3-4 specialists providing management services to our GB portfolio. This includes managing subsidy support schemes and identifying current and future revenue opportunities. Stakeholder management is an important part of the role and will include liaison with the commercial managers of asset projects, the markets team, and external stakeholders such as Ofgem and NGESO. You’ll also have the opportunity to work with new project and business development teams.
You’ll play an important role in:
- ensuring all TASA services are delivered to our customers
- developing and capturing existing and future processes associated with revenue management for our company assets
- providing market, operational, and grid code-related commercial advice and support, where appropriate, to commercial and asset managers and the CMC
- monitoring the commercial performance of UK assets and understanding new ancillary service markets, developing participation strategies, and providing recommendations to asset managers
- working across the organisation to identify and coordinate revenue strategies and risk mitigation options to ensure business case development on operational assets and future investment opportunities.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a STEM, business, or economics degree
- have some experience from the power sector or substantial experience from a commercial or analytical role within a utilities, project, or financial environment
- have good commercial acumen and are bright, curious, and perseverant
- are proactive – taking ownership of tasks is important and the ability to work with uncertainty will also be beneficial
- are comfortable working in a matrix organisation and having multiple stakeholders to liaise with
- challenge the norm and have a professional approach to your work.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 29 November 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations UK, , on talentacquisitionUK@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.com if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.