IT and digital
Imagine a future where you’re developing cloud-based platform solutions that enable the use of data across disciplines and business areas
Join us in this role where you’ll get the opportunity to architect and build end-to-end data engineering solutions that provide the foundation for a cloud-based analytics platform for our Onshore business unit, tapping into the enterprise solution. You’ll be a part of our agile delivery organization and will be working closely with product owners, subject matter experts, and business stakeholders. You’ll be advising the business on how to enable data in order to increase business value.
Welcome to Ørsted IT
You’ll be part of Ørsted IT where you, together with your colleagues, will be part of a newly established agile team that supports the Onshore business unit across the US and Europe. Together with our IT colleagues and the business, we’re committed to delivering on our company’s digital strategy and creating a strong platform for analytics, model management, etc.
You’ll play an important role in:
- designing and building data pipelines for modern cloud-based analytics across the company
- working with big data and complex and large datasets to be presented in a structured way to the business
- ensuring that data formats and storage options are the best fit for end-user needs
- monitoring and maintaining existing data pipelines
- being part of PoCs in order to select and maintain relevant data engineering tools
- linking the IT department with the Onshore business unit.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a passion for developing software to address data processing challenges, and have significant development experience and an interest in extensive use of Python
- excel in taking responsibility for issues and clarifying them with peers
- have experience working with SQL, Databricks, Spark/PySpark, and NiFi
- have experience with data storage or engineering solutions in Azure
- have experience with monitoring and orchestrating data pipelines in a DevOps context
- have experience in Docker containers, such as Kubernetes.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2022-02-14. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Operations US, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some traveling in relation to your work, as you’ll be traveling to our business office in Austin, Texas. Expect 2-3 days a month of working time to take place in Austin. You’ll also be expected to be flexible regarding collaboration with European colleagues, as meetings are usually scheduled to start at 8:30 CST, and occasionally earlier.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.