Public affairs, regulatory and legal
Senior Manager of Government Affairs and Policy, Onshore
Imagine a future where you get the exciting challenge of supporting the establishment and expansion of Ørsted Onshore in the North American market
Join us in this role where you’ll get the opportunity to be part of our growing U.S. team and help deliver on the company’s overall U.S. market growth objectives. You’ll be responsible for setting and shaping the company’s legislative and regulatory agenda to positively impact our onshore business in North America. Austin or other locations based in Texas are preferred, though there is flexibility on other locations for this role.
Welcome to Government Affairs and Market Strategy
You’ll be part of a dynamic team and work closely with senior management from the Onshore business which specializes in onshore wind, solar power, and storage technologies where you, together with your colleagues, will formulate and implement political and regulatory strategies to advance Ørsted’s market interests. You’ll also work in concert with the Government Affairs and Market Strategy team and other business units, while coordinating with the Federal Affairs team to advance federal legislative and regulatory priorities.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing and maintaining positive working relationships with Governors’ offices, state agencies, RTOs, members of the legislature, congressional delegations, and local elected officials
- establishing Ørsted as a thought leader on state-level issues affecting the onshore business, including coordination with Public Affairs and Brand teams
- promoting Ørsted’s interests by serving as the primary point of contact to its regional industry trade associations, forging alliances with other potentially interested stakeholder groups
- assisting management and developers in navigating the state and local permit approval processes, and in advancing opportunities for regulatory risk reduction
- managing and coordinating external government affairs consultants for achieving the above, including developing and managing consultant budgets
- regularly updating internal management and developers on policy and regulatory developments, business implications, and participating in global initiatives with Ørsted’s international team.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, with a masters or law degree preferred
- have at least seven years’ experience in energy-related public policy and government affairs, preferably with one year of managing a team
- have established a broad and bipartisan network of relationships in state and local government and are an active member of the community or market in which the position is based
- can work independently and with a wide range of stakeholder interests
- are a team player with a professional track record of adding value through collaborative work with colleagues
- possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than February 14, 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Specialist, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll have the ability to travel regionally to represent the company in person on a regular basis.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.