Engineering and construction
Senior GIS Specialist
Imagine a future where you play a crucial role in delivering world-class GIS services in an organisation that develops and operates offshore powerplants
Join us in this role where you’ll be part of a team in a matrix organisation that develops, constructs, and operates offshore wind farm projects all over the world. You’ll be given the responsibility of delivering geospatial services to your own projects, as the go-to person for geospatial information and expertise.
Welcome to Geographic Information Systems
You’ll be part of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) where you, together with your colleagues, will become a GIS specialist in a multi-faceted team of other experts in the field. Your department contends with a broad range of tasks and stakeholders, where no two days are the same, and you’ll get the opportunity to follow a project from start to finish. You’ll also be a part of a team that supports and help each other across projects and offices.
You’ll play an important role in:
- conducting internal and external stakeholder management, and performing geospatial information management by collecting, validating, analysing, and distributing information to our relevant stakeholders
- performing geospatial analysis, e.g., 2D and 3D analysis of seabed data
- mapping, visualising, and distributing data on different platforms, whether in web or analogue form
- continuously working on digitising and developing workflows internally and with stakeholders
- maintaining a web-based ArcGIS Server solution for your assigned project
- being responsible for the daily work and information management in relation to the development of our offshore wind farm projects.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a master’s degree, or equivalent, in a relevant field, e.g. Geography, Environmental planning, or Surveying
- have a curious, innovative, proactive, and systematic approach to your work tasks
- are ready to be the go-to specialist within your project
- have extensive experience with working with the ArcGIS platform, incl. ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, and Portal within a relevant field
- understand geodesy and have experience with the use of CAD-based software
- speak and write English fluently, thrive in an international environment, and can create good relationships with your local and international stakeholders.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 January 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Julian Ralf Jensen, Manager, on +45 9955 6187 or email JULJE@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your applicat ion via our online career pages.