IT and digital
Cloud Data Platform Engineer
Imagine a future where you work in the world’s most innovative energy production enterprise aiming to create a world that runs on green energy
Join us in this role where you’ll perform both development and internal support tasks in a team of data enthusiasts who are passionate about developing platform solutions that enable the use of data.
Welcome to the Platforms & Integration Competency Centre
You’ll be part of the Platforms & Integration Competency Centre where you, together with your colleagues, will deliver value to the business across an IT organisation with more than 1000 employees. You’ll be a central part of our team evolving, developing, and maintaining the common infrastructure, libraries, and tooling of the Ørsted Data Ecosystem. The Ørsted Data Ecosystem is a modern cloud-based data platform facilitating the collection, processing, and consumption of data from all Ørsted’ s business units and making it available to analysts, data scientists, and machine learning models.
You’ll play an important role in:
- continuously improving, monitoring, maintaining, and extending the individual elements of the Data Ecosystem infrastructure in the cloud (e.g., cloud storage, queues, databases, Apache NiFi installations, Apache Kafka clusters, and Databricks workspaces)
- ensuring that the Data Ecosystem is secure, stable, cost effective, and scalable
- participating in PoCs and evaluating new tools and technologies
- collaborating with architects to set guidelines and standards for the Data Ecosystem
- investigating automated alerts as well as incidents reported by data engineers and data scientists
- developing and continuously improving shared code libraries and other tooling to support data engineers and data scientists
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience deploying, maintaining, monitoring, and securing cloud resources (e.g., on Azure)
- have experience with automation, version control, DevOps, and CI/CD (e.g., using Azure DevOps)
- have experience in scripting languages (e.g., Bash, PowerShell, and Azure CLI)
- have experience using Docker and Kubernetes
- have experience with software development (e.g., using Python, Java, or C#)
- have experience working with data (e.g., data engineering or data science)
- have experience with some of the following: Spark, Databricks, Apache NiFi, streaming (e.g., Apache Kafka).
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 May 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
For Denmark and Poland, please don’t hesitate to contact Henning Leo Petersen, Head of Data Mgt, GIS & Integrations CC, on +4599552549 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For Malaysia, please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.