IT and digital
Senior GIS Consultant
Imagine a future where you help us support and implement a world-class GIS system that will support our very ambitious digital strategy
Join us in this role where you’ll be part of our global IT team. We work in a global agile setup spread across borders, with teams in Denmark and in Malaysia.
Welcome to the IT Business Application department
You’ll be part of the Engineering Agile Release Train (ART) GIS team where you, together with your colleagues, will focus on implementing and maintaining our Esri GIS. While doing this, you’ll also help to maintain our portfolio of existing GIS applications.
You’ll play an important role in:
- handling daily operations on our Esri-based GIS platform deployed in Azure, including supporting GIS business specialists, as well as keeping documentation of our portfolio up to date
- participating in meetings with our business customers to clarify and document requirements
- administering, maintaining, and monitoring our portfolio of existing Esri-based GIS applications and improving a world-class GIS infrastructure to support global business requirements
- configuring and documenting new GIS applications and mobile GIS apps
- working closely with the product owner and ensuring that ArcGIS Enterprise is documented as part of our overall IT landscape.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have an academic degree at bachelor level or higher within IT, computer science, engineering, or natural sciences
- have extensive experience with the Esri platform and with maintaining Enterprise (portal, ArcGIS server, geodatabases, datastores) and ArcGIS online; having Esri certificates is an added advantage
- have experience with scripting and automating tasks related to ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Pro
- are able to troubleshoot GIS applications and identify issues related to GIS, infrastructure, and other integration
- possess excellent English verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to communicate business and technical requirements to end users
- thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders across our company and ESRI consultants as well as being a strong team player while also being able to work on your own.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 29 May 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment process, we’re happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, , on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.