IT and digital
Senior Software Engineer
Imagine a future where you provide support and help to create further growth in a leading green energy company
Join us in this role where you’ll become part of our Electrical software development team, creating business value by developing and maintaining extended functionality on IT products for wind power, customer and markets, and thermal power.
Welcome to Business Application
You’ll be part of our Engineering Agile Release Train delivery construct where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for enabling web-based applications that support the electrical design process in a simple user-friendly way. The Business Application department is part of our international IT department, which counts more than 500 skilled and dedicated colleagues working closely together with the different business units across Northern Europe and in Malaysia.
You’ll play an important role in:
- participating in daily stand-up meetings, sprint reviews and plan meetings with colleagues as well as ensuring optimisation of the scrum process
- programming in Python, creating and maintaining software solutions for both internal users and external customers and vendors
- creating business value by developing and maintaining extended functionality on IT products for wind power, customer and markets, and thermal power
- working closely together with internal and external consultants and key resources on the business side.
To succeed in the role, you:
- advocate for clean coding principles and development of best practices (SOLID, DRY) and have a very good understanding of OO
- have experience working with RESTful services, database design, and SQL
- have an academic degree at bachelor level in a relevant field or professional experience developing applications in Python
- can apply best software development practices, including source control systems such as git, and can conduct code reviews, pull requests, automated testing, etc
- possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, and can articulate business and technical requirements.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31-05-2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in an office set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.