On occasion, representatives of Ørsted may need to visit your site in order to potentially carry out any of the below:
- Site surveys
- AMR installation
- Meter exchanges
- Routine maintenance visits
Arranging the site visit
If a visit is required, our representatives will always attempt to book an appointment with you in advance, by telephone.
When our representatives telephone, they are required to clearly explain their reason for contacting you, making it clear they are acting on behalf of Ørsted. Additionally, they are required to confirm:
- Site address details
- Access requirements
- Individual customer or site requirements
- Passwords or additional security arrangements
If you require a risk assessment and method statement, please request this during your discussions with the representative.
If the representative is unable to make contact with you, they will attempt to make the visit to carry out these works.
On the day of the site visit
If an appointment has been agreed in advance and it is possible to do so, the representative will telephone on the day of the appointment, prior to the visit to provide you with an estimated time of arrival.
When the representative arrives on-site, they are required to:
- Be polite and professional
- Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Show you their ID / accreditation upon request
- Explain the reason for the visit, confirming it is appropriate to proceed before starting any work.
- Keep you informed about the progress of that work, which includes advising you at any point if any technical issues or concerns arise.
- Ensure that the work area is clean and tidy before leaving, removing all tools and materials
- Confirm that you are satisfied with the work carried out and help with any other questions that you may have.
- Record your comments or feedback, in order it pass them back to Ørsted.
Work carried out at your premises by other third parties
On occasion, representatives or agents that are unrelated to Ørsted may arrive at your premises to review your metering supply infrastructure. These third parties will usually be acting on behalf of the companies that are responsible for the Distribution infrastructure (i.e. National Grid, Scotia, Southern, Wales & West or Northern Gas Networks).
We cannot account for all agents of all parties that carry out work on the UK’s energy infrastructure, however any reputable agent or Reasonably Prudent Operator (RPO) will be happy to share accreditation information with you, and provide you with the means to check their credentials and reasons for attending your site. Once confirmed, the agent will then need to proceed with their work.
Ørsted does not have direct involvement with these parties, therefore it is important that you ask them to provide you with their credentials.
You can provide feedback in the following ways:
- Contact your Ørsted Account Manager or call our customer service team on 0800 0568 101.
- Complete a Customer Satisfaction questionnaire. (You will receive this - or be invited over the telephone to participate).